The first Makro store opened in Germiston, Johannesburg in 1971 and was the first cash and carry type store in South Africa. Today it has 22 warehouse store branches in 8 of South Africa’s major cities. The chain has just under 12 000 full time employees. In 2017 Makro launched their rewards program, mCard and mRewards.
Opening hours for Makro is from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday and from 9am to 4pm on Sunday and public holidays. The shops are closed on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Day of Goodwill and Good Friday.
Makro publishes monthly leaflets and catalogues throughout the year. You can find more information about the retailer on their official website: www.makro.co.za or download its mCard app and earn rewards whilst shopping.
The range of products includes broad variety of products, for example:
- Home Entertainment
- Computers and Communications
- Office Furniture
- Stationary Supplies and Equipment
- Large and Small Appliances
- Hardware and DIY
- Home Décor and Soft Furnishing
Beside the 22 warehouse store branches, Makro sells products online too, which makes all offers accessible to people living across South Africa.
Makro Private Labels
Makro’s range includes both private and exclusive brands, with the M brand being the Makro flagship private brand and First Value the value-for-money offering. Among these private brands, you can also find:
- Aro – catering products
- Great Value – household consumables
- Equate – consumable pharmacy, health and beauty items
- Marketside – small format grocery and fresh foods
- Makro M Brand – frozen foods and cleaning products
Marko is aware of the serious challenges we face as a country and believes that education and early childhood development plays a central role in creating a better future. To this end, Makro has adopted a strict policy for South Africa’s Corporate Social Investment Funds. Makro is proud to partner with CSI organizations such as:
- Hope Worldwide SUCCEED – supporting early childhood development centers and the caregivers that work at them.
- Community Desk Company – an organization that deals with the critical challenges faced in education.
- Izzi Trust – providing learners with a parcel of food for the holiday seasons and assisting with bursaries.
- African Children Feeding Scheme – helping to uplift and empower communities to improve their quality of life.
- Tomorrow Trust – helping children improving their academic performance.
- Wildlands Conservation Trust – a trust that focuses on ecosystem services in areas such as forests and land conservation
Makro on Kupino.co.za
Kupino.co.za provides regularly updated info on flyers, sales and special offers of Makro across the entire South Africa.
In current leaflet, you can find these products at reduced prices
- SUNLIGHT Dishwashing Liquid R 23,00
- NESCAFÉ Ricoffy R 82,00
- PAMPERS Active Baby-Dry Nappies Jumbo Pack R 195,00
- 23 cm Aluminium Frying Pan R 299,00
- NESTLÉ Medium Smarties R 7,00
- MED-LEMON Dispenser R 3,97
- SIMBA Potato Chips R 4,90
- BEACON TV Bar R 6,13
- 36 cm Aluminium Frying Pan R 399,00
Overview of current, future and past catalogues from retailer Makro. Browse the current Makro catalogue with discounts, which is valid from Thu 02/07/2020 until Wed 15/07/2020 and save on items from your shopping list. Kupino.co.za reviews and updates on special offers from retailers throughout South Africa for you every day. For a better overview of discounts in the current Makro pamphlet, go to the Promotions tab in the catalogue. Have you not picked anything from the current Makro flyer? In the category Hypermarkets and Supermarkets we have another 43 flyers from 19 retailers, e.g. current Pick n Pay catalogue, current Makro catalogue, current Kit Kat catalogue. You save money, time and environment by browsing the catalogues on Kupino.co.za and shopping for discounted products in Makro.
# Makro online, Makro catalogue, Makro special, Makro stores, Makro store
Shoprite is one of the largest Africa’s food retailers and its assortment includes variety of food products, household goods and small appliances…
The first call on the MTN network was made in 1994. MTN is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in…
The company was started in the US, during the mid-1940s, by Earl Silas Tupper when he developed the airtight plastic containers used to store food…
The first Baby City was opened in 1992, in Stamford Hill Road, Durban. Albert Aronoff started out by helping his sister who ran a small…